Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Free nightstand with the purchase of a coffee table!



I spent quite awhile looking for a coffee table on Craigslist. I wanted something with character and more reflective of my style. I finally found what I was looking for. It was dark brown when I got it and has a leather top. This is another piece (I could freaking kick myself) that I didn't take before pictures on. Here it is finished, painted light green and antiqued. There's no way I'm selling this piece...I'm too attached!


So when I went to pick up the coffee table, the person that was selling it asked me if I would be interested in taking a nightstand off his hands. It was solid wood with no major damage so I said sure, why not! The first time I refinished this piece, I wasn't happy with it. I sanded it down and stained the drawer fronts and top. I painted the body of the piece a turqouise/blue color but I just wasn't happy with the finished piece.
About a week ago, my friends, Tim and Sarah sent me a picture of some furniture they saw at Home Goods. They have gone on numerous thrift store, consignment, antiquing adventures with me up here in the Jacksonville area and down in West Palm Beach. Sarah keeps an eye out for good deals in South Florida and they both help to inspire me when they see something neat. Here is a picture of the furniture they saw at Home Goods.

And here is the nightstand before and after...

No comments:

Post a Comment